Nowadays with Bitcoin trending on the financial market for rising past all-time highs, numerous firms out there allow freelance workers to earn payment in Bitcoin for services rendered. So, before accepting the offer to get paid through Bitcoin, you must ask yourself why Bitcoin?
Bitcoin was created in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, but up to date, there isn’t any information about his whereabouts. However, Bitcoin was developed to make provisions for the decentralization of payment. Here are some benefits of having Bitcoin in your possession:
- You can anonymously save your money without third-party control over it. Also, you can increase your BTC worth by investing in it, though it comes with some risks to bear.
- You can easily send and receive coins from one location to another in a cheaper way.
Earning Bitcoin as a Freelance Worker
One of the easiest and legal ways to earn Bitcoin is by working freelance. You could be an engineer, graphic designer, digital marketer; your first task is to pick out the sites that offer you the privilege to work and get paid with BTC.
Many businesses offer Bitcoin as a payment method because it operates quick, economic, and unidentifiable transactions. This payment method helps many business owners with hundreds of workers worldwide avoid the heavy charge that wire transaction attracts.
Though Bitcoin operates a peer-2-peer system, allowing transaction charges to be minor, an employer and employee are required to be on the Bitcoin network and have a Bitcoin wallet to transact.
Getting a job in a new field with a new method of operation comes with a lot of stress and challenges. You also need to familiarize yourself with some essential tips that would help you in overcoming those barriers. Below are some tips on securing a job that pays with cryptocurrency:
- Compile and scout for crypto freelancing sites
There are various crypto companies whose websites have a job page where you can apply for different services, offering your skills.
- Survey Forums
Many good cryptocurrency companies have an authorized forum for discussion where they list out job offers; joining these forums will help you be enlightened and fully aware of trending jobs.
- Make an appearance at crypto Webinars and Conferences
Most times, attending in-person meetings helps you get a job quickly. The only way to achieve that is through your physical appearance with people working in crypto. Visit the Bitcoin meetups and plan on attending some of the conferences that are organized for cryptocurrency. Attending meetings will accustom you to top crypto dealers.
- Reassess your optimism about your skills.
Before joining the cryptocurrency field, you have to evaluate the skills you possess to know if they are in high demand or not. You must be ready to offer what the employer wants; your skills must be up to date. This might require you to learn a new skill.
- You must have the urge to learn new skills.
The rate at which college degrees are becoming irrelevant in the tech industry is increasing because skills sell faster in the technology field than certificates these days.
You have to learn new skills that sell in the crypto industry to increase your chance of being hired. One of the easiest ways to learn a new skill is offering a free service for someone who owns a skill you would like to acquire, aiming to understand their profession.
Freelancing Websites Operating With Crypto Payment Method
For newbies into freelancing, they are contemplating which freelance platform to join and earn Bitcoin as a payment method. This is because millions of business owners and individuals have hugely invested in Bitcoin, causing a rapid rise in its market worth. Joining these websites will enlighten you on how many online employers have set BTC as their payment method.
Below are some freelancing sites that allow employers and freelancers to interact and transact through Bitcoin.
- Coinality is a platform that freely connects employers and freelancers, giving them the freedom to pay in digital currencies like BTC. The job offers on this platform can be part/full-time.
- Cryptogrind is an old and popular crypto freelancing site. As a freelancer, there are various job offers on the platform that will match your skills. It could be web development, graphics design, content writing, and much more. The platform made it possible for both employers and freelancers to authorize their Bitcoin transactions with a multiple signature system.
- r/Jobs4Bitcoins — the platform is famous for promoting jobs that pay with cryptocurrency. As a freelancer, you can quickly get notified of new job listings with the Reddit app notification feature’s help.
- WorkingforBitcoins — so many employers post jobs on this platform; you must bid for those jobs as a freelancer. When the employer likes you, they will give you the job and pay with BTC. The site wouldn’t hold your funds but rather allow the employer to send it to your bitcoin wallet directly.
- Freelanceforcoins — this platform allows you to get paid with BTC for your services. They also have an option of being paid with an altcoin. It is believed that most freelancers in time to come will make more use of cryptocurrencies because of their instant reflection immediately after the transaction.
- Bitfortip — this platform centers its attention on little jobs than major freelancing jobs, but it also accepts BTC as means of payment.
- CryptoJobs — this platform was established for jobs in the blockchain industry, with thousands of employers offering full-time jobs that pay with BTC.
- BitGigs — this platform allows frequent posting of Bitcoin-paying jobs in hundreds, primarily remote jobs that accept applications from any location. Most of the platform’s jobs require you to possess technical skills like content creation and technical writing.
- Blocklancer — this particular platform makes its registration process easy with the aim of accommodating more freelancers from different locations around the world. Their platform doesn’t require any bank account during registration because payment is via Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- CryptoJobsList — this platform offers part/full-time that has its origin from the blockchain. Freelancers get paid with Bitcoin.
- Bitcoinerjobs — this freelancing platform has the primary goal of bringing freelancers that desire to get paid with Bitcoin and employers who pay with Bitcoin together. You can easily earn your Bitcoin by selling your skills on this platform.
Moreover, there are some sites where freelancers can get micro-jobs that pays in cryptocurrencies after execution; here are some of them:
- Stakwork — this platform helps you to get paid with coins immediately after you complete your little tasks.
- Microlancer — jobs on this platform are related to BTC and the lightning network. They pay you with Bitcoin for all your microservices.
- EarnSats — this site gives you the opportunity of getting paid with BTC anytime you complete an online surveying task.
- Sats for Likes — this is an app that pays you with coins anytime you make provision for likes on platforms like YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.
It is also essential to know that you can also earn Bitcoin as a freelancer by creating video content for a video-sharing platform. LBRY, a video-sharing platform, makes it possible for content creators to earn Bitcoin by views whenever they post content. YouTube also offers compensation to content creators, but LBRY compensates with a higher percentage.
Furthermore, many well-known YouTubers are doubling their options by creating new profiles with LBRY to reduce the amount paid to content creators by YouTube. LBRY content creators enjoy more freedom because it’s a blockchain-founded platform.
Another way of adding to your income as a freelancer is through the Brave browser. You get paid by Brave when you view their advertised content. Their method of compensation is through BAT.
Sell Artistic Photographs for Bitcoin
It is essential to note that another way to earn Bitcoin as a freelance worker is by selling your digital artistic skills by selling your artworks on platforms like Bitcoin4Photos and FileBazaar. The platform is a marketplace with no fee policy for buying and selling photos.
Earn Bitcoin on Traditional Freelance Sites with Bitwage
Traditional freelancer sites offer numerous amounts of jobs to freelancers, unlike their peer crypto platforms. The only demerits are that they don’t operate the Bitcoin payment method. Also, people compete more for jobs listed on these platforms more than they do on crypto platforms.
Traditional freelancer sites like Upwork, Fiverr, Guru, and SolidGigs pay freelancers with the government-regulated currency that could take more time to reflect in your bank account after deducting an enormous amount of fee.
This is why more employers adopt the crypto payment method, which helps Bitcoin be more effective and valuable as a means of payment.
The only way out of the constraints caused by payment via fiat currency on the traditional freelancer site is to adopt Bitwage, which helps you as a freelancer get paid with Bitcoin. They operate a simple transaction system where they give you a verified US bank account to receive funds from your traditional freelancer platform.
When the money reflects in the US bank account, Bitwage immediately converts the cash into Bitcoin and instantly sends it to your wallet.
As you can see there are lots of websites that allow freelance workers to earn in Bitcoin. These sites not only secures you but also offer you the ability to earn more. Choose any of these websites that suit you and start working right away!